You Are a Hero to Someone!
Posted on October 10, 2011
In short, you are a hero to someone — maybe even a lot of someones.
Let me give you some examples:
- Do you leave occasional comments on other blogs?
- Have you smiled at a stranger lately?
- Do you show respect and shake hands with people you meet professionally?
- Do you sometimes hold the door for others on the elevator?
- Have you bent down to the level of a child and acknowledged them?
- Do you occasionally give to charity?
- Do you offer to open the door for the handicapped?
- Do you subscribe to other blogs and visit them regularly?
- Do you show kindness to someone you know doesn’t like you?
- Have you paid for someone else’s groceries when they looked desperate and forgot their wallet/checkbook (someone did this a few months ago for my husband)?
- Do you regularly visit a relative in an old folk’s home?
- Have you truly sacrificed for someone else?
- Do you volunteer your time for a cause?
- Are you a champion for others who cannot speak for themselves?
Regardless of the gesture, kindness is infectious. It feels good and others enjoy and appreciate the effort. Onlookers are impacted by witnessing these gestures, too. Ever seen the Liberty Mutual commercial where one man’s act of kindness generates into exponential acts of kindness? It is inserted below.
Although, the company uses emotion to invoke interest in their product, it truly is the way we change the world in which we live … one act of kindness at a time.
And we get to be someone’s hero in the process!!
What “heroic” acts have you extended toward others or others toward you lately?